Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Baked Mushrooms

Baked mushrooms. Yuuuuummmmm. I stumbled on this idea and ran with it - they are a new personal favorite of ours. Perfect side with steak, but I can just eat a bowl of these on their own! Not sure why I've never thought to roast mushrooms before, I roast just about every other veggie - and I love mushrooms... shoulda been a no-brainer, but better late then never - we eat these a lot!


Preheat oven to 375'; line a baking sheet with foil or parchment, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.

Toss 1 pound sliced or halved mushrooms with a drizzle of olive oil, coarse salt and pepper, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 cup grated parmesan; sprinkle with a little lemon juice (I don't know how much I use, maybe 1 Tablespoon) and toss again so everything is evenly incorporated. Spread out on the baking sheet in an individual layer.


Bake for 15 minutes, turning occasionally, under brown and tender. At about the halfway mark there will be a lot of liquid in the pan, I carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and pour off what liquid I can without spilling the mushrooms; return to oven until done. If you cook them long enough maybe the liquid will evaporate but I've never waited that long. 




No comments:

Post a Comment