Sunday, March 1, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 9)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything last week at camp:

Posts ~
2/23: 🔥(week 8)
2/24: St. Patrick's flower wreath
2/25: tip-sy Tuesday: organizing curly ribbon
2/26: my sis is hungry: balsamic chicken with peppers
2/27: TBT: new/old cookbook and goldenrod
2/28: dryer sponges
2/29: homemade bloody mary mix

What's Cooking ~
  • grilled marinated chicken thighs, veggie skewers, orzo with fresh tomatoes
  • baked chimichangas (recipe to follow)
  • grilled pork chops, chopped salad, roasted green beans
  • baked salmon, cauliflower rice, roasted broccoli
  • steak, wedge salad

Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • read "Ali Cross" by James Patterson, quick read and I didn't realize until halfway thru that it's meant to be a younger reader book - didn't matter tho, I enjoyed it. I love his "Alex Cross" series, this one is about Alex's youngest kid doing an investigation of his own. I probably liked it even more after coming off last week's boring Goldfinch haha, I read this in one day! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Read "MatchUp" which is like the book I read a month ago (FaceOff), a collection of thriller stories by paired up authors. I didn't like FaceOff very much but MatchUp had mostly good stories and I read thru them really quickly ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2
  • also read "Things My Son Needs to Know about the World" by Fredrik Backman and enjoyed it - it's a funny heartwarming collection of stories he's written to his newborn son. Really cute ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Hope you had a great week - check back and see more fun projects, recipes, whatever I can think of to make at camp next week!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor who apparently had too much time on her hands this week and read 3 books!


No comments:

Post a Comment