Friday, March 13, 2020

Copycat Shamrock Shake

This is another repeat post, but thought you might feel like making shamrock shakes this weekend, or for St. Patrick's day on Tuesday. (Why do shakes feel like a weekend thing to me, and not a Tuesday thing?) Either way - try this copycat recipe and tell me what you think!

On a side note: do you love or hate mint? My mom hates it, I like it just fine as long as it isn't super strong. I do love mint tea - I planted mint in my garden once so I could have fresh leaves before realizing that mint roots are unbelievably aggressive and invasive. If you want to plant it I strongly recommend containing it in a pot instead of planting in the ground - you'll thank me!

From 3/16:

I haven't had a Mc'Ds shamrock shake in years, but since it's almost St. Patrick's Day (I'm pretty sure these are seasonal for this time of year, right?) I decided to try to make one...


There are tons of copycat recipes out there - I went with a simple version: for one serving put 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, 1/2 cup milk, one drop of mint extract (seriously just one drop - trust me), and a splash of green food coloring in the blender and blend until smooth. Top with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry - pretty and yummy.

To be perfectly honest I had to make this twice to make it edible - the first one I just added a few drops of mint and it was, to quote my niece at about 4 years old, "di-gusting".
Put just one drop in and taste - so much better!


No comments:

Post a Comment