Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Tip-sy Tuesday: Copycat Old Bay Seasoning

Back in 10/16 I made a copycat version of Old Bay Seasoning that wasn't exactly right but still tasted good; apparently I don't use Old Bay very often because here we are 3.5 years later and I'm just now needing to make more for my bloody mary rim salt (I'll post that soon!) - decided to try a different recipe this time and found this one from The Pioneer Woman; it's closer to Old Bay than my old version so thought I'd give you an updated recipe:

Combine in a small bowl:

1 T. celery salt
2 t. ground bay leaves (I ground whole dried bay leaves in a small food processor)
2 t. smoked paprika
1 1/2 t. pepper
1 t. dry mustard
1/4 t. allspice
1/4 t. cayenne
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of ginger

from The Pioneer Woman, click here for original post

The old recipe is to combine the following in a small bowl:

No comments:

Post a Comment