Sunday, March 8, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 10)

Dear Campers ~

A quick recap incase you missed anything at camp last week:

Posts ~
3/1: 🔥 week 9
3/2: breaded and baked eggplant
3/3: TT: copycat old bay seasoning
3/4: baked mushrooms
3/5: TBT: chipped beef on toast/goldenrod update
3/6: paper masks
3/7: framed St. Patrick's day art

What's cooking ~
  • usually I try to give you some weekly menu ideas, but I've been sick all week and the only 'cooking' has been done by Dave. Which is to say we had pot pies, take out chicken, he made himself lamb chops and I ate mashed potatoes, deli mac and cheese, etc...let's just say it wasn't a low-calorie or low-carb week! 
Miscellaneous things keeping me busy while I laid in bed all week:
  • So pretty much all I did this week is read books! And I read a bunch...6 books in 6 days. 
  1. 'Criss Cross' by James Patterson (#27 in his Alex Cross series) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I always like Alex Cross and this one is no exception. Didn't like the end but overall enjoyed the read. 
  2. 'Banana Cream Pie Murder', 'Raspberry Danish Murder', and 'Chocolate Cream Pie Murder' all by Joanne Fluke. I'll give them all a ⭐️⭐️⭐️ and maybe 1/2 for being light and fluffy 'murder'  books that I've just realized are basically Hallmark Channel movies waiting to happen. I've read a bunch of these in the past, mostly because she gives recipes along with clues haha. They are fine and not at all scary, very definitely the opposite of most of the thriller books I read. If you like baking, eating, and/or Hallmark movies then you'll probably like these 😉
  3. 'Dead Until Dark' and 'Living Dead in Dallas' by Charlaine Harris. ⭐️⭐️⭐️ The first 2 in a series of vampire books that the show "True Blood" is based on. They are not very good, not gonna lie, not sure why they are so popular that they inspired multiple seasons of the HBO show (which I didn't watch, maybe it's very loosely based on the books!). Even tho the whole time I'm reading them I'm thinking how dumb they are, I still kept reading and borrowing more from the library! Kind of like reading those awful 50 Shades books, they're stupid but I just kept reading LOL. I currently have #3 on hold from the library 🤦‍♀️😂
Thanks Marky for the laugh!

Hope you had a good week and that you are staying healthy! This is like the 3rd time I've been sick this winter and I'm over it - and yes, I wash my hands and use hand sanitizer! Sigh - back to bed to read another book (the one good thing about sick days hahaha). Check back often to see what I decide to make once I'm back on my feet - in the meantime I have some recipes I've been saving and maybe I'll do a repeat or two so I'll still be posting!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and lone person keeping Kleenex in business

No comments:

Post a Comment