Friday, March 6, 2020

Paper Masks (and feather heaven)


These paper masks are very easy and quick to make - just google a free mask template, cut out of  cardstock and decorate to your hearts content. Fun for Mardi Gras last week but this is a super cute craft for any time - and a perfect kid craft! I glued on feathers and sequins, then made other lines and decorating with glue and glitter. So easy. So fun. So silly. What's not to love about this one?


I just used these as table decorations, but if you punched a little hole on either side and added a thin elastic cord you could totally wear these. I'm also thinking for a future party it'd be fun to cut out a bunch of masks and set out a table of decorations and let everyone design their own - wonder if I can get the guys to join in?!






On a side note that has nothing to do with making masks:  I have a big bag of feathers that I got when I went with Dave to a fishing store and I was inspired by all the feathers they had for tying flies. When I was trying to pick out what I thought I could use for crafting the owner asked what I was going to make and said "I hope you're making hair clips?" I asked why, and he said because back when that was a thing he used to go to hair shows and sell feathers - and has tubs and tubs of leftovers. I might have started breathing quicker and had slight heart palpitations and asked if I could see his tubs of feathers? Please? He brought out a couple huge rubbermaid totes full and said for me to have at it. I. Was. In. Feather. Heaven!!! I literally sat on the floor and sorted feathers while Dave waited for me hahahahah. The owner said I can come back anytime for more. YAY!!! Best (feathery) day ever.

...and while trying to find the right little feathers for this mask project I realized that there is no reason for these to be such a jumbled mess and one thing led to another and next thing you know I'm organizing feathers! I put them together by color or type, put in smaller ziplock bags making sure they are laying flat and not all kinked up, then 'filed' them away in a folder. Nope, pretty sure I don't have OCD. Pretty sure...



PS: this is only a handful of all the feathers I got that day at the fishing store!

No comments:

Post a Comment