Sunday, March 22, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 12)

Dear Campers ~

A quick recap in case you missed anything last week on MMDC:

Posts ~

3/15: 🔥week 11
3/16: pet poison prevention week 
3/17: marinated artichokes 
3/18: spaghetti squash mac and cheese
3/19: TBT: orange-cranberry ice
3/20: pork with sauerkraut (I know, sauerkraut can be yucky, but try this one!
3/21: Teri's stacked shrimp appetizer


Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • So I'm still not feeling 100% - and no, I'm fairly certain I just had the plain ol' flu and not the nasty corona virus! It is taking me some time to get over tho. But meanwhile - we decided to leave CA and head back to MI while we still can. I am currently writing this from our RV, which I really feel is still like being quarantined - we are totally self-enclosed and only have to get out to get gas once a day, and possibly some take-out fast food if you're Dave and the idea of eating whatever is already in the RV isn't as interesting as Carl's Jr. hahahaha. Don't even get him started tho on the process I made him go thru today not touching anything when he came back into the RV LOL. Let's just say I'm on super heightened germ alert right now and leave it at that. I will share stories this upcoming week regarding what it's like to drive across country during a "stay at home" order and social distancing. 
  • Before leaving the condo I cleaned out (either gave away, threw out old stuff, or packed) anything edible (food, drinks, medicines...) in anticipation of an eventual termite fumigation that got postponed due to the virus concerns. Since we most likely won't be here I at least got the big preparation part out of the way. Dave saw me packing my sprinkles and questioned why I have so many - what, can you ever have too many sprinkles?! Is there such thing as sprinkle hoarding? Keep your tp, apparently I'm interested in collecting much less practical things 😉


  • Read 'Dead to the World' #4 in the TrueBlood series. Still bad, but can't not finish reading them. ⭐️⭐️⭐️; "Nine Perfect Strangers" by Liane Moriarty about a 'health resort' run by a team of...let's just call them out-of-the-box thinkers not afraid to experiment. I have mixed feelings about this one, at some points I was bored and others would think to myself 'ok, now we're getting somewhere'. Overall I guess I would not tell you to run right out and read it. ⭐️⭐️⭐️; and 'A Minute to Midnight' by David Baldacci, #2 in the series and I cannot wait for him to write #3 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
That's all for me. Hope everyone is staying busy and not too stir-crazy while staying at home. To borrow a phrase from Paul's Photo let's "create while we wait"!! Once I get to MI I'll be creating while waiting for sure!! Love that.

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and sprinkle lover

No comments:

Post a Comment