Saturday, May 14, 2016

Happy Birthday Card

I made this birthday card out of leftover bits from that cute Stampin' Up clipboard kit. I folded a piece of white cardstock to make a 5x7 card (I wanted it big enough to hold a gift card), then cut a smaller piece of patterned paper and glued it to the top. The balloon and banner were leftover from the kit, you could make one though - it's a balloon shaped piece of cardstock with a second piece the same shape but with the middle part cut out, there is foam adhesive between the two to give it some dimension. Fill between the shapes with tiny star confetti and top with clear plastic to hold the stars in. Make sense? I'm sure I made that sound harder than it is! Tie a piece of thin cord, twine, or string to the balloon and have it dangle down the front of the card,  then stick the banner over it to hold in place (I used Stampin' Up foam adhesive squares to attach the banner so it's raised up a little bit).

No comments:

Post a Comment