Saturday, September 30, 2017

Drying Herbs

Well, it's about time to clean out the garden and put everything away - boo. I love this time of year but always hate pulling out what is left in the garden. Last year I still had lots of herbs and couldn't bear pitching them - so I tried drying them instead... and it turned out so good I thought I'd share what I did:

bundle together a handful of herbs still on their stalks, tie at the top with twine 

lower into small paper bags

clip the bags together and hang from the twine in a cook dark place


dried sage

once dried remove from the bags, take the leaves off of the stems


not sure why I laid them out this way - on the left is thyme stems, middle is the dried bundle, right  is thyme leaves

once removed from the stems put in individual baggies 

Lucy tasting the dried herbs :)

1 comment: