Sunday, September 3, 2017

Cauliflower Waffles




I know, I know - I have been making some kooky things out of cauliflower in my quest to lighten things up (cauliflower rice, cauliflower pizza, cauliflower breadsticks, mashed cauliflower) ...and here's another one - cauliflower waffles! Do they taste like "real" waffles? No. Do they look like waffles? Yep ;). They are quite easy, taste good, and I think they're a genius way to (a) eat more veggies, (b) eat less bread/carb/flour, and (c) it's a great reason to dig that old seldom-used waffle maker out of the back of my cupboard!

Stay with me - it's not as weird as it seems. Just mix up the grated cauliflower with some cheese and eggs, spoon into the preheated waffle iron, cook for a few minutes until golden and crunchy. Serve however you can think - plain, topped with bacon, sour cream and tomatoes, or a fried egg for breakfast, smashed avocado for a take on avocado toast...you name it!

I made these the first time just for myself when Dave wasn't home in case they didn't work...but they did, and I loved them! So a few days later I made them as a side to grilled chicken for dinner and he loved them too...that's sayin' something.

Ingredients:

3 cups cauliflower, grated
3 cups shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
3 large eggs
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tsp. paprika
kosher salt and black pepper to taste

Directions:

1. preheat waffle iron
2. in a large bowl, mix together all ingredients until combined.
3. pour 1 cup batter into preheated waffle iron, cover and cook for 6 minutes or until cooked thru, golden brown, and slightly crunchy.
4. serve alone or with toppings of your choice.



I found the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment