Sunday, September 24, 2017

Cheese Ball(s)


Remember when I posted that Cassandra asked me for a cheeseball and I made the "everything cheeseball" but we ate it instead of giving it to her? (click here for that post). I forgot to post that I actually did make her one of her own! This is very simple to do and so yummy - when I gave it to her she was working and walked over to the drug store and bought some crackers...by the time I got home she texted me that they had eaten the whole box of crackers and 1/2 the cheeseball already! hahaha I laughed!

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
cooked chopped bacon - don't know how much I used, at least 4 slices (or just use already cooked "real bacon" in a little bag, I totally cheated and did this!)
shredded cheddar for the outside of ball

This is how I transported it to Cassandra (she doesn't
have a fridge at work). I put it in a small plastic container, then
set it inside a bigger plastic bowl filled with ice and covered it. 
Mix the cream cheese, 1 cup cheddar, garlic and onion powder, band bacon together until smooth. Turn the mixture out onto a large piece of saran wrap, wrap around the mixture and shape it into a ball. Refrigerate for at least an hour. It will be soft when you first roll it up and you're gonna question how it's going to become a ball, but it will! Remove from fridge and roll in additional shredded cheese, place on a serving tray and serve with crackers, pita, celery sticks, whatever. Traditional cheeseball is usually rolled in chopped nuts but I like shredded cheese better.

My sister makes a delish hot buffalo dip so I took that idea and made the above cheeseball into a "buffalo cheese ball" by adding buffalo sauce, diced celery, and blue cheese crumbles. I didn't measure, just kept adding until it looked right and since I don't like spicy food I just added buffalo sauce (like Frank's) until it bordered on too spicy for me. She (and everyone at the party) loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment