Saturday, May 25, 2019

Healthy Chickpea Blondies

Our neighborhood puts out a monthly magazine with local happenings, articles, neighborhood pet bios, etc. This month they included a recipe for "healthy chickpea blondies" by one of the residents that shares heathy eating tips (check her out on Instagram @callascleaneats) and I figured what the heck, I like chickpeas and I like blondies so I'll bite. (Literally).

Ingredients:

  • 1 15 oz. can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 1/3 cup + 2 T. maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup almond butter
  • 1/4 cup oat flour (you can just blend rolled oats in a high-speed blender)
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to food processor and blend.
  2. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  3. Spread batter evenly in a parchment lined 8x8" dish.
  4. Bake at 350' for 20-22 minutes.
My notes:
*I made oat flour by putting oatmeal in the food processor and grinding it up before adding the other ingredients. 
*didn't have almond butter so substituted peanut butter
*at 22 minutes these were still really soft, and I couldn't cut them. Put back in the oven for a few more minutes and they were still soft. I found that after they cooled down tho they were much easier to cut. Even if yours end up too soft you can totally eat them with a spoon and they taste really good - presentation isn't as pretty hahaha but flavor is there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment