Sunday, May 19, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 20)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp this week:


Posts ~
5.12: around the campfire (week 19)
5.13: macrame owl
5.14: Tip-sy Tuesday: cleaning the microwave
5.15: bread pudding with whiskey sauce
5.16: Mediterranean lentil salad
5.17: pet emergency care
5.18: patriotic rag wreath x2

What's Cooking ~
  • grilled chicken sausage, spaghetti squash with red sauce
  • spice-rubbed pork loin, butternut squash ravioli, roasted broccoli
  • grilled steak, caesar salad
  • buffalo salad (buffalo burger patties on top of shredded lettuce, black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, shredded cheese, tortilla strips, southwest dressing)
  • grilled thin chicken breast, cheese pierogi, roasted asparagus
  • tuna with greek salad, roasted garbanzo beans


took a couple cool shots at my niece's soccer game


Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • read "I like you" by Amy Sedaris, weird but fun book about entertaining;  and "Y is for Yesterday" the last of Sue Grafton's alphabet novel series (she passed away before writing "Z is for Zero", so sad). 
  • planted the "garden" (you know, my big container boxes on the deck) with tomatoes, green beans, sugar snap peas (mostly for Lucy the bird), lettuces. Also did the flower pots and am trying to grow sweet peas from seeds - I love sweet peas and really hope they work!
  • put together two patio tables without bloodshed, believe me that's not usually what happens. 
This upcoming week holds lots of fun stuff - see how to deal with a whole pineapple, make pineapple "flowers", there'll be a craft or two of course; and see the first post of a new series that I'm starting called "My Sister is Hungry" in which I'll be making food for her and her family, and they'll be "reviewing" the recipe and dish (and me haha!) - sort of a take on her "Hello Fresh" reviews (click here and here) only I'm providing the dish already done for her (because how many times does she have to hint about not liking to cook before she knew I'd break down and start cooking for her??). I'm picking what I'm making them (ahem bossy older sisters can do that),  told her to be as honest as possible and it won't hurt my feelings! Although we'll see...if she makes me mad enough that might be the end of the series LOL!! See what you think and give me some feedback if you want to see more...I think it'll be a fun new way for me to try recipes, I get to help out my sis and also stop hearing her whine about not wanting to cook, and also a convenient way for her to add her two cents regarding my cooking ;)

Have a great, healthy, happy, and creative week!

Sincerely ~


Jill
Camp counselor and bossy sister

No comments:

Post a Comment