Thursday, March 21, 2019

Hello Update...by Jen

Hello Update! Hope everyone is feeling FRESH!  (hear what I did there?)

Just wanted to give a quick update for my Hello Fresh review. 

I made the other 2 meals this week (first meal was in my initial review - Garlic Herb Tortellini).
Meal 2 was Beef Bulgogi Bowl and 3 was So Delizioso Chicken Cutlets.

So I can't pronounce the beef one but I picked it because the Hello Fresh site said it was in their “Hall of Fame”.  I can see why, because this one was delicious.  Instructions were far easier for me to follow and the beef was fantastic.  So good. Still took longer than they said it would but didn’t have as many steps, nothing I had to google and/or hit up my sisters blogs to find out how to do.


Last meal was So Delizioso Chicken Cutlet.  How can you go wrong when a form of the word “Delicious” is in the name?  Oh also it came with cheesy mashed potatoes.  What’s not to like?   Let me answer my own question.  What’s not to like? Boiling and mashing potatoes on a Wednesday night after a long day of work.  Who has that kind of time?  Marinating Chicken? Boiling Potatoes, Making a sauce?  Uggggggg..  Exactly what I didn’t like about day one.  A lot of steps for a random week night.  But was it Delizioso?  It was good.  Was it worth it after a long day of work? No.


So that said - I’m going to take my free trial and run, still not signing up. I still think this is a bit pricey (and no leftovers all week) and a lot of steps for a non-cooking sister like me (especially after working all day). 

All in all it was a fun experience, the food did taste delicious, and it was nice to eat something different every night. I did discover though there is a reason I hate cooking besides that I am bad at it; the reason is because I hate it. 

From now on I’ll just continue what is working for me so far- which is begging my sister to cook for me.


3.21.18: coffee and cookie brownies
3.21.17: watch Mark from Paul's Photo talk about framing your photos and prints
3.21.16: 2 different bunny cakes for Easter and Spring


No comments:

Post a Comment