Sunday, March 3, 2019

Around The Campfire 🔥 (week 9)

Dear Campers ~

The weekly recap of what happened at camp this week in case you missed anything!

did you notice my cutie helper in the corner?
Posts ~
2/24: around the campfire (week 8)
2/25: double dust ruffle
2/26: Tip-sy Tuesday: double rug
2/27: Samoa sheet cake
2/28: cucumber "sushi"
3/1: boho sling bag
3/2: arugula salad

What's cooking ~
  • bbq ribs, sweet potatoes, cole slaw
  • steak, black bean salad (corn, chopped tomatoes, diced avocado)
  • grilled chicken breast, gnocchi with pesto sauce
  • baked spaghetti squash with red sauce, chicken, mushrooms
  • grilled pork loin, arugula salad with mushrooms
Miscellaneous things keeping me busy this week ~
  • finished Harry Potter #7 Deathly Hallows, I loved re-reading the series! Now I'm reading a self-help book which I don't usually like but it had a funny title that caught my eye. If I like it I'll share that next week. 
  • been sewing like crazy this week, Janis and I had a couple fun sewing project days and since my sewing machine is set up in the dining room right now I'm finding other little projects to do - like making little fabric envelopes for my extra backup silverware that I've been storing in plastic baggies. I'll show you later how they came out. I've been collecting ideas for refashioning clothing and I'm hoping to make some new garments from old ones soon. We'll see how long before Dave wonders when we get the dining room table back...
Hope you had as good, fun, and creative of a week as I did! It's been busy here (which I love!).
Check back often for more good recipes, projects, ideas and tips - and tomorrow is "man-day Monday" for anyone who wants to see Dave in action. Bye!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and sewing amateur

No comments:

Post a Comment