Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Stuffed Poblano Peppers...by Jen

Hi! Time for another post from the non-cooking non-crafty sister! So I LOVE stuffed peppers. So unhealthy but so delicious. I don’t like the green pepper kind of course that can be disguised as remotely healthy if you try. I’m talking about jalapeño peppers stuffed with cream cheese and fried. A few years ago I started making them at home without the frying. Still unhealthy but still delicious. So today it hit me I should try a little harder. My new favorite thing is cauliflower “rice”. I’ve been making burrito bowls with it so got to thinking I wonder if I could make a version similar to stuffed green peppers with the cauliflower rice? Maybe with poblano peppers instead of green peppers so would still be slightly hot? So today I gave it a shot. 


I sliced a poblano in half and filled with a veggie mixture. I did still use cream cheese to hold it together but switched to fat free. This was delicious. 

I didn’t find it quite flavorful enough so added hot sauce on top after cooking. Next time I’ll add something to the mixture. I’m thinking red pepper flakes or garlic? Or maybe a taco seasoning packet. In the meantime here is what I used: 

3 large Poblano peppers
1 block fat free cream cheese
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup cauliflower rice
1 cup mushrooms
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 cup Pico
1/3 cup fat free sour cream

Mix it all together, fill peppers and bake on a cookie sheet 30 minutes at 350 or until peppers are soft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment