Friday, March 22, 2019

12 week Home Workout Plan

Guys. Summer is coming. I'm realistic enough to know I probably won't follow this workout plan exactly, but will give it a go. 12 weeks is just about long enough before it's time to put a swimsuit on (I'm making Jaws scary movie sound track sounds right now - duunnn dunnn...duuuunnnn duun...dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnnn dunnnnn....), I'm not wearing a suit like the one in this picture (yikes) but just the thought of my plain old one-piece is making me nervous...saw this plan online, it's a little hard to read so I'll type it out for you in case you want to join in.


Monday:                                                
20 squats                                                
15 second plank                                     
25 crunches                                            
35 jumping jacks                                   
15 lunges                                               
25 second wall sit                                  
10 sit ups                                                
10 butt kicks                                           
5 push ups   

Tuesday:
10 squats
30 second plank
25 crunches
10 jumping jacks
25 lunges
45 second wall sit
35 sit ups
20 butt kicks
10 push ups

Wednesday
15 squats
40 second plank
30 crunches
50 jumping jacks
25 lunges
35 second wall sit
30 sit ups 
25 butt kicks
10 push ups

Thursday:                                              
35 squats                                               
30 second plank                                    
20 crunches                                           
25 jumping jacks                                   
15 lunges                                               
60 second wall sit                                 
55 sit ups                                               
35 butt kicks                                          
20 push ups   

Friday:
25 squats
60 second plank
30 crunches
55 jumping jacks
60 lunges
45 second wall sit
40 sit ups
50 butt kicks
30 push ups   

Saturday and Sunday: REST! (yay)                                    


They have sprint/jogging intervals for weekly cardio listed at the bottom of this plan which I'm not going to do. I'll get my cardio by power walking, biking, and tap classes.

PS: it should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway - don't do any of these exercises if they hurt or you shouldn't be doing them for some reason! I'm just sharing what I'm hoping to do, you do what you need and are capable of - listen to your body.


3.22.18: how to cook spaghetti squash
3.22.17: creating a gallery wall
3.22.16: fold napkins into bunny ears


Happy moment ~ thinking ahead to Saturday and Sunday rest days!




1 comment:

  1. Go, Jill! I started a new program this week. Not quite this arduous but I'll be sending good vibes to you!

    ReplyDelete