Thursday, March 28, 2019

Silverware Pouches

Before I put away my sewing machine and ironing board that have been set up in the dining room for days and days, I looked around to see if there was anything else I wanted/needed to sew -  they don't make an appearance very often so now's the time! I have an extra set of silverware that I've been storing in plastic sandwich baggies and thought it'd be nice if they were in little pouches in the drawer instead of the ugly baggies, so whipped up a few fabric pockets to keep the extras in...very easy and looks so much better. 

Before.. the extra silverware is in the baggies to the left of the knives -
it actually looks neater in this picture than it does in person.

All I did was cut two long, narrow pieces of fabric and one shorter 
piece that is the same width as the two longer pieces.

Turn the top edge of the shorter piece under (making a hem) and sew to one of the longer pieces, similar to how I did the fabric wallet (click here for that post) only sewing around the three sides where the two pieces of fabric are joined together.

Put the two long pieces together, right sides touching, and sew them together leaving a gap for turning the pouch right side out. 

After turning them right side out and getting the corners as sharp as you can, top stitch around the entire pouch. I made different sizes for the different utensils - taller for knives, forks, and big spoons, and shorter for little forks and spoons.

After - this looks so much nicer!

3.28.18: spring flower upside down wreath
3.28.17: DIY mod podge
3.28.16: make a zipper bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment