Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Cherry Pie Cookies

I bought cookies last week (gasp! shocking I know) because I was in a hurry and needed an easy quick dessert - "Michigan Cherry Pie Cookies" caught my eye; judging how quickly they were consumed I thought I'd try to recreate them myself this week. I looked at the list of ingredients on the label, but of course couldn't find a recipe that seemed right so I winged it and made this recipe up which I don't think I've ever done before...they didn't turn out at all like the store-bought ones hahaha but they do taste good and are fortunately totally edible.  What I'm not a fan of is the texture - they are quite cakey-soft and that's not my favorite cookie texture, but the flavor is good and so far no one has complained about them (and they would for sure!).  I think I added too much baking soda/baking powder -  I'll definitely experiment with this recipe again and shoot for more of a crunchy/chewy texture. For now tho I'll share what I did, mostly so I'll remember, and if you like soft cake-like cookies these might be for you!



Preheat oven to 375'

Beat until soft:
   1/2 cup butter, room temperature
   4 oz. softened cream cheese

Gradually add:
   1/2 cup white sugar
   1/2 cup brown sugar

Blend until light and creamy. Beat in:
   1 egg
   1/2 cup sour cream

Sift together in a separate bowl:
   1 1/2 cup flour
   1 teaspoon ground ginger
   3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
   1/2 teaspoon baking soda
   1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Add the sifted ingredients to the butter mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in:
   1 cup dried tart cherries (approximately, I used a small bag of mixed tart cherries)

Drop by small spoonfuls (I used my standard cookie scoop) onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 375' for about 8 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom, remove to a baking rack to cool.

Makes about 40 small cookies.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment