Monday, June 24, 2019

Wire Basket with Ribbons

A $3 wire basket, a bunch of random ribbon and trims, and some hot glue turned into a fun project!


Bought the basket before I knew exactly what I was going to do - it might surprise you but I have a surplus of random ribbon...so...this happened:



Experimented with different ways to get the ribbon to hold - didn't like using liquid glue, and also didn't like seeing the underside of the ribbon when looking down into the basket. So I cut each ribbon long enough to go from side to side with extra to wrap the inside sides of the basket - make sense? By tucking the ends of the ribbon under the bottom and then weaving it thru the wire holes the ribbon stayed in place. When I finished weaving all the ribbons I went thru and hot glued the ends in place.

started with liquid glue but changed my mind...

This isn't hard to do - just weave ribbons thru vertically, then weave in more horizontally - play around with different trims and ribbon sizes. The number of spaces on the basket made it impossible to weave every row alternating under and over - so I just winged it (or wove it) the best I could.

this photo shows you a better example of what I mean by tucking
the ends under the inside of the basket, you can see one tail end by the above arrow
once you've woven all the ribbons go thru and hot glue the
ends down, trim off the extra if necessary

I finished by leaving the two horizontal row ribbons really long and tied them together in a big bow.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I have a baby shower to go to and I am going to find something like this to do and put baby stuff in there. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete