Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Tip-sy Tuesday: powdered sugar

Oh. My. Gosh. This is an earth-stopping, world-changing, genius baking tip that I wish I'd known years ago. Like my whole life I could have been using this simple tip. Why did I not know about this? Does everyone else know, and if so, where have I been? Now granted, there will be people who could not care less about this tip and to those people (hi sister) I say 'look away, this is not for you, and I will not have my enthusiasm dampened by your not giving a rat's you-know-what about this amazing thing I just discovered'. Ready for it?

Did you know that if you put regular granulated sugar in the blender for a minute or so it TURNS INTO POWDERED SUGAR?????

before...

Are you as excited as I am? Am I overreacting to this magical feat of sugary goodness? The ability to make my own powdered sugar when I'm whipping up my favorite buttercream frosting and don't have enough powdered sugar on hand and normally have to either run to the store or put everything away to make frosting another day is a truly awesome tip that I will use for the rest of my baking life and am so happy to know!!!

Sigh, it might be a bit sad that it takes so little for me to lose my mind over...


after!


PS: powdered sugar is also called confectioners' sugar or icing sugar - store-bought versions have an anti-caking agent like corn starch added, if you aren't going to use your homemade powdered sugar right away you can add a bit of cornstarch (a tablespoon or two per 2 cups) to keep it from clumping.

12.17.18: wine cork angel ornament

12.17.17: cream of mushroom soup

12.17.16: chocolate dipped pretzel rods

12.17.15: homemade dog cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment