Sunday, October 9, 2016

Baked Crab Cakes



I've never made crab cakes but love them and have been wanting to try...yay they turned out SO good. I combined a couple recipes and got lucky - this is a keeper and I will definitely be making them often now.






Mix together in a bowl: 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 eggs, a big handful of plain breadcrumbs, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning, and a dash of worcestershire sauce. Gently fold in 1 pound crab meat pieces (note: I bought 2 containers of 8 oz crab meat located in front of the meat and seafood counter). Form into 6 big patties using just a little shy of 1/2 cup each (or you can make little appetizer sized ones by scooping 1 tablespoon of the mixture into 16 mini muffin cups) and place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 350' for about 30 minutes until crispy and browned.


I served this with my version of a remoulade - I have no idea if this is actually remoulade sauce but it's what we've always called it! In a small bowl mix together some ketchup and creamed horseradish (that makes cocktail sauce by the way, in case you didn't know), then add equal parts mayo and sour cream (you can use all mayo or all sour cream if you want) and mix well.










2 comments:

  1. Yum! I am going to try this. I have not had a crab cake that I liked. Always fishy smelling, and just nasty tasting. I will give this a whirl and let you know. Nice post. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read to not use canned crab for these, the kind I bought in a container at the meat/seafood counter was big yummy pieces - no bad smell at all! These are really good - let me know if you make them.

      Delete