Thursday, October 6, 2016

Dog In The Blog...Biscuits!

what's a guy gotta do to get a biscuit?
Hey guys, it's Sarge..the dog. Guess what? I lost weight!! I am starving all the time tho and have learned this new technique of sitting right in front of the sink and staring pitifully at anyone who comes near, and if that doesn't get me something to eat then I go stare at my bowl hoping someone will get the hint. The vet (I like him a tiny bit better after this) said that I could have a few more kibble in addition to green beans and baby carrots, but I'm still hungry! So mom decided to make me some healthy biscuits and I gotta say - they are delicious. The recipe came from Gramma (don't tell her I call her that, I'm not sure she'd be happy!) who totally made it up for her dogs - she's a genius, these things are good.

Here's the recipe, you should make these for your dogs so they'll have a healthier treat sometimes - hopefully they aren't as hungry as me tho, it's sad really.  Gotta go stare at my bowl now...Sarge out.

Gramma's  Sweet Potato Dog Biscuits

Mix together in a big bowl:
cooked mashed sweet potatoes
2 eggs
peanut butter
shredded cheese
oatmeal
cream of wheat
whole wheat flour
chicken boullion cube mashed up with a little water

Roll into small balls and put on an ungreased cookie sheet, flatten with a fork,  bake 350' for 30 minutes or until crunchy.

Jill's note: I didn't have whole wheat flour, cream of wheat, or boullion in the house - and my mom didn't give me amounts for each ingredient so I just dumped a bunch of things in the bowl...2 sweet potatoes, big scoop of peanut butter, handful of oatmeal, handful of plain breadcrumbs, handful of light shredded cheddar. I scooped it out with my small 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop and baked for 30 minutes but they didn't get super crunchy - they are very firm though and Sarge definitely loves them! I'll just store in the fridge since they are a bit soft and don't want them to spoil.

Oh, and he totally stares at his bowl like he's hoping food will magically appear, not sure where he picked that up!

Click here for Sarge's first post about having to go on a diet :)


No comments:

Post a Comment