Saturday, October 22, 2016

Paper Covered Letters


I started out with the idea to sort of collage these letters but after doing the first one I didn't love it so switched to covering the fronts only with a solid piece of scrapbook paper (yep, I'm still using Ronda's Stampin' Up papers - they are reversible so I'm finding lots of uses for them!).
















If you like the collage idea here's what I did: tear the paper into little pieces; spread mod podge on the part of the letter you are working on and the piece of paper you are applying and stick it down; then randomly add more paper until the whole thing is covered. If you don't like a certain area just add more paper on top of it until you're happy with it.






If you like the plain covered letters: I painted them black first so I wouldn't have to wrap the one sheet of paper around the edges and in the center of the letters - this was my being lazy for sure. If you want to take the time to completely cover the letter inside and out then go for it you crazy OCD crafter you. I went for the easiest way :). After the paint dries trace the letter onto patterned paper, cut it out, glue it down.







No comments:

Post a Comment