Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Cassandra's Chewy No-Bake Cookies

I was whining that I don't like to make no-bake cookies cuz it's always a crap shoot if they'll turn out - I seem to either get runny and not set or hard and dry (does this happen to you too?). Maybe out of pity, maybe to be nice, or maybe to shut me up Cassandra gave me the recipe she always uses - says they are her dad's favorite - so I figured I'd make them and see if I could get them right for once. These are different from any no-bake I've had - chewy and gooey, more cookie-like than traditional no-bakes, and they are really really good. I am SO happy she gave me this recipe! Thanks Cassandra!

In a saucepan put 2 cups of sugar, 1 stick butter, 2/3 cup cocoa, 2/3 cup milk. Boil for 1 and 1/2 minutes, turn off and add 1 Tablespoon vanilla and 2/3 cup peanut butter. Stir until the peanut butter is melted, then add 3 to 3 1/2 cups of oatmeal and mix well. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax or parchment paper.

Notes: I didn't have regular whole milk so I used 1/3 cup cream and 1/3 cup skim milk - maybe that's why they turned out SO good?  I don't know how long it took them to set up, I scooped them onto parchment using a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop and walked away for a couple hours. When I checked they were done, and sort of addicting - I just wanted to try a bite of one but couldn't stop eating...and they're especially good with a glass of milk! Made 28 cookies.




Let me know how they turn out if you make them, I need to know if I just got lucky this once or if it's a no-fail recipe! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment