Thursday, October 27, 2016

Trophy Wife

Need a pretty easy last minute Halloween costume? I did this last year and didn't take step-by-step pictures but you can easily see by this photo what I did. Cut a piece of cardboard that's big enough to go over your head into a wall trophy/plaque shape, cut a hole in the middle for your head, and draw "wood grain" lines on it with a black sharpie. I glued a frame thing to the bottom and printed "Dear" on it (get it? not "deer"...it would have been super cute if I could have talked Dave into being a hunter but he wouldn't haha).  I made the antlers using 2 pieces of cardboard and hot glued dark brown felt over, then attached to a plain headband. Cover the headband in brown yard to hide how you attached the antlers. Paint your face to look like a deer, it took me a few tries to get it right but I think eventually it turned out cute - I also used big feathery false eyelashes to make it even more fun.

Saw this idea online - if you google it I'm sure you can get more pictures and examples of how people make this!

No comments:

Post a Comment