Thursday, October 13, 2016

Making Babies

Hello, everyone...I'm Jill's friend, Candy.  And her guest blogger, for today, while she is out taking a break and having some fun!  I'm not really crafty, but I do love gardening and decorating! So here we go: A couple of winters ago, we lost our huge boxwoods along the side of the garage. What to do with that space? Then, I remembered my  Hydrangea shrub, that loves having babies!! She gave me 3 babies a few years back, and I'll bet she can do it again! 


this is the mama

 This is her big baby on the other side of our house -
You just take a branch that is growing low, on the shrub, and just pin it to the ground, with a piece of a hanger:





So you let it root. Then in the fall, you can cut it from the mother plant. 
But leave it there, until spring,  then dig it up, and plant it, where it can get lots of water (which makes alot of sense, since hydra is in it's name), and give it shade and/or sun - they like either. 


 Here are her 6 last year's offspring: Easy peasy! (Their mama is in the background, of this row)        
  Happy Gardening!

2 comments:

  1. I love Hydrangea's! My grandmother had a bunch in her front yard. They where always so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too - we have white ones but I'd love pink or blue. And they are also pretty dried.

      Delete