Sunday, October 23, 2016

Hanging Felt Bats

This is a great idea if you have a table or Halloween display that needs filler - fill a big jar full of sticks and hang bats from them, it fills up a lot of space (especially if you have a lot of sticks!).  Funny dumb story - it was on my list for days to go to the craft store and buy sticks for my display table...uh yeah, I was gonna buy sticks. Walking around the neighborhood (and then my yard) it occurred to me that there are sticks everywhere...there are even sticks on my deck. So Sarge and I went on a stick gathering mission and ended up with more than I could carry without even trying very hard! Good grief - I was gonna buy sticks!

I did buy a package of felt bats instead of making them, that makes a little more sense - it would take a while to cut them out of felt but if you are so inclined then go for it. The ones I found have foam adhesive circles on the bag so I just peeled that off, threaded a big needle with orange/white twine and attached a piece to each bat leaving a long enough tail to tie onto the sticks in various lengths. To finish I covered the jar with a piece of scrapbooking paper from Ronda's Stampin' Up supplies (they have some really cute papers, I think I'm going to have to stop using Ronda's stuff and order my own haha!).

Another cute idea to do with the sticks at this time of year is to attach black birds - I did it last year and it turned out really cute and creepy. Re-reading that post I forgot that I wanted to do that again and make a "nevermore" sign to go with it...maybe next year! Click here to see that post.


No comments:

Post a Comment