Friday, October 28, 2016

Pumpkin Spice Soap

No one tell Brooke about this post, she is going to be so bummed I made soap without her, she loves it! But unlike when she makes it I only made a few bars and was in and out of the kitchen in minutes :).

Doesn't it seem like Pumpkin Spice is everywhere and in everything? I needed a quick little gift and saw this on Pinterest (click here for that post)- pumpkin spice soap in 10 minutes. Perfect, just what I'm looking for. This would have only taken me 10 minutes but I had to run upstairs for additional molds. Otherwise it was easily a 10 minute craft and turned out really nice - I had to keep reminding myself to not lick my fingers tho, it's creamy and smells so good!!





















Cube up about a pound of white opaque soap (you can buy this in blocks at the craft store), put it in a big microwaveable glass bowl and melt it in the microwave according to package directions. After it's melted add 2 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice and a few drops of yellow and red coloring (you can get those at the craft store where the soap is). Stir well and pour into molds. Let it get hard before removing from the molds, takes about 30 minutes or pop them into the freezer for just a few minutes.

About a pound of cubed melted soap made 6 small bars.

To give as gifts I wrapped the individual bars with a coordinating piece of patterned paper. Cute, practical, and smells great.                    

No comments:

Post a Comment