Thursday, June 21, 2018

Garden Soaker with Timer


Finally got around to planting my little container gardens (click here for a past post), since we are planning to camp a lot this summer and won't be home to really take care of a garden I only planted 6 tomato plants and sowed some bush bean and pea seeds. Really simple because I don't have the time to invest in my normal square foot gardening with lots of different plants. I'm so late planting this year because I thought I was going to skip it because if I'm not here how's it going to get watered everyday? 


It's been SO hot here already and no way I can rely on just rain to keep things going...we went to Home Depot the other day to see what they might have for some kind of drip system and found this - it's a hose that you can either bury in the dirt or lay on top of the soil (I didn't bury it, maybe not the greatest look but effective) and water soaks out of the entire hose, what a great idea! We also got a timer that will turn the hose on for however long and often that the garden needs - it's a very slow soak so it's set for 30 minutes once a day for now and so far this week everything looks good. I'm so excited to have home grown tomatoes - not having a garden was going to bum me out! Fingers crossed but so far this is going to help a lot.


I haven't had time to "decorate" the garden yet with all my fun gnomes, stakes, etc. but at least the plants are in!

No comments:

Post a Comment