Saturday, June 2, 2018

Message Box

Here is a repeat from 2016 - I had it in my powder room for quite a while before I turned it into something else haha!  I'll repost tomorrow how I changed it.



with or without words it's so cute!
How cute is this easy little message box? It's pretty simple and not much skill involved.

You'll need a small unfinished wood box (with or without a clasp), stain or craft paint, chalkboard paint, and some kind of fake plant that fits in the base of the box.

Stain or paint the box whatever color you want. When it's dry paint 2 coats of chalkboard paint under the lid. Put the fake plant in the base, write a message in chalk on the lid or not - whatever you want. My inspiration idea for this came from a project idea I saw on Michaels.com, they used a bunch of little succulents in glass vases to fill the box but I saw this sheet of fake grass and liked it better. I put it in the bathroom with no chalk message but then saw the soap eggs I have on the counter and was inspired by them to write "nest" and place the eggs on the grass. Awwwww, I enjoy.

wearing gloves, I just wiped the stain on and off with paper towels


trim the plant to fit inside the base of the box

seeing the soap eggs made me think of a nest...

No comments:

Post a Comment