Monday, June 11, 2018

Road Trip Survival Kit

My friend Candy (her husband Steve and their cutie potootie dog, Buddy) moved out of state (selfishly I'm bummed about her moving - there goes my "Wine and Design" friend!) so I made her a little "road trip survival kit" for the 2 day drive. And because most of the things that went into the
bag o'shizzle is boring I made little notes for most of the stuff to make things more interesting - I'm sure the gift would have been just as useful without my notes so if you want to make this for someone don't think you have to label everything just 'cuz I did!


Super easy - I've done enough road trips at this point (hello spring and fall cross-country migrations!) to have a sense of what is needed and/or wanted, plus I added a few things just to be silly and made a simple tag on my computer.


Choose a mix of practical things like t.p. (I couldn't find travel t.p. so included a thing of flushable wipes - can't tell you how many times I've been at rest stops that are out of t.p.!), napkins, hand sanitizer, tissues, ginger candy for car sickness, ear plugs (I wear headphones ALOT when I'm in the car with Dave LOL!!!) and a sleep mask; Snacks like m&m's, cracker jack, crackers and packets of peanut butter, dog bones, rice crispy treats; and a couple boredom busters like a paperback puzzle book, magazine, and a card game.


Obviously tailor your road kit however you want!

I do not know how Sarge knew there were dog bones going into
 the bag, but he fell asleep waiting for one to fall on the floor! 

I'm going to miss having them around (Steve had been known to bring me his fantastic homemade soups and that delicious baked mac and cheese I posted here - def gonna miss that!); I'm going to miss the wine and designing, painting, junkin', lunching, and so much laughing!... but I'm very happy for them and can't wait to hear all about their new house and adventures. Good luck guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment