Sunday, June 24, 2018

Moving Furniture

Here's a follow up to yesterday's houseplant post - sure enough one thing led to another and I spent the rest of the day moving furniture. I've mentioned before (click here for another rearranging furniture post) that the rule in the house is that as long as I can move it myself and he doesn't have to help (that part is Dave's rule) then it's ok to move things around (that part of the rule is mine - if I can move it then I'm moving it and not asking permission LOL). There are very few things that I cannot handle on my own - thank God for those slider things you put under the furniture legs (!) - and over the years I've gotten very creative and crafty about how to get things from one room to another, and even up and down the stairs. If you want to move things regardless of having help hahaha, here's a couple tips:


  • I move upholstered furniture from one room to another by turning it onto it's back (or side) and pulling or pushing it - I don't slide it on it's legs in case that scratches the floor. Obviously it's best if your floors are pretty clean, otherwise you are dusting the floor with the furniture haha. This works with chairs and loveseats, our couch is too big to flip on it's back so to move that I put the slider things under the legs.
  • I've figured out to move upholstered chairs upstairs I roll them head over legs and sort of "walk" them up - it works! Downstairs is simple, turn it on its back or side and slide it down (our stairs are carpeted, this might not work as well if you have hardwood stairs...).
  • Un-upholstered pieces get the sliders underneath - if it's really big I can't maneuver it up the stairs, I have moved them down tho using the sliding on carpet method. 
  • And if I really can't move it then I either make peace with that fact and admit defeat, or break down and ask for help. I've also been known to give furniture away on the condition that I don't have to help the recipient get it out of my house :)



my helper fell asleep, once again, on the job - apparently he liked the chair being tipped onto its back haha! 
I didn't take a picture of walking the chair up the stairs, it was too hard to roll the chair and get the photo at the same time!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject? local santa monica moving company

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your this post while searching for some related information on blog search...Its a good post..keep posting and update the information fischervanlines.com

    ReplyDelete