Tuesday, December 31, 2019

New Year's Eve


Are you with me? LOL! Made me laugh... Happy New Year's Eve everyone! 

PS: still looking for one more appetizer idea for tonight? Here's a quick little dip/spread you might like to make and take:

I made this Pesto and Sun Dried Tomato spread for Christmas last week especially because of the green and red stripes, but it's great for anytime! And really easy - mix together 8 oz. softened cream cheese and 4 oz. goat cheese until creamy. Layer with store-bought pesto and sun dried tomato spread (I found it right next to the pesto at the grocery store), refrigerate until firm. Usually I make this in a small bowl and once it's chilled invert the dip onto a platter but this time Dave took it to one of his ukulele things so I made it in a clear bowl so you can see the layers but was easier for him to transport on his Vespa. Serve with crackers.

Note: when layering the cream cheese mixture on either of the pesto/tomato layers, the spreads tend to squish out. I find it helps to pop it in the freezer for a few minutes to firm the cream cheese enough to make spreading easier. Also, if you want to un-mold it - spray a bowl with non-stick spray and line the bowl with plastic wrap before adding the layers; it makes it easier to get out in one piece when you flip the bowl over onto a serving plate.


Of course I didn't get a picture of this before sending it with Dave! He brought half of it home tho so at least I got an inside look at the dip - kinda messy I know, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like (and obviously it's nicer looking before people start scooping it out! hahah).


12.31.18: antipasto wreath and wrapped pears
12.31.17: January no-sugar challenge
12.31.16: new years eve "write a good one"
12.31.15: opening champagne



No comments:

Post a Comment