Sunday, December 22, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 51)

Dear Campers ~

Week 51!! Here's a recap of what happened at MMDC this week in case you missed anything:

Posts ~
12/15: 🔥week 50
12/16: felt poinsettia napkin holder
12/17: tip-sy Tuesday: make powdered sugar
12/18: DIY gift bows
12/19: fruit kabobs
12/20: caprese bites
12/21: Santa baby gift holder

What's Cooking ~
  • marinated chicken, roasted carrots, roasted garbanzo beans, caesar salad
  • spice rubbed pork tenderloin, roasted green beans, gnocchi with butter and parmesan
  • buffalo burger salad (shredded lettuce, black beans, corn, tomato, avocado, cheese, tortilla strips)
  • grilled chicken tenders, mushroom ravioli with frozen peas, tomatoes, parmesan
  • chicken sausage, baked white beans with tomato sauce, steamed green beans
Miscellaneous ~
  • I only read one book this week, "Whisper Network" by Chandler Baker (another Reese Witherspoon book club pick); it's a light suspense mixed with harassed women (and what they put up with at work) and a spreadsheet of men that have done the harassing. I was worried it was going to be a little too 'political' or 'preachy' or something like that because it's such a hot topic nowadays (#metoo movement, etc) and there's enough of that going on in real life that I don't really need to read about fictional harassment -  but I really liked it. She jumps around a lot, which was a little confusing, and it was a little longer than it needed to be - but overall a good read ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • had what I'm now calling "road lag" (instead of 'jet lag') this week - I was beyond exhausted and didn't do much of anything. Finally after enough downtime and sleep I'm back to my normal just mildly tired self LOL. Now I will finish the unpacking and settling in after our 6 day road trip. 
  • Wrapped presents for 2 days at Paul's Photo - so much fun wrapping for other people since all my gifts were wrapped before the road trip. And I don't have to put it all away which makes it a win-win for me!


Our neighbor put up these new squirrel feeders and let me tell you, Sarge is in heaven. He makes us walk by this every morning, he sits down and just watches them! If a bird lands on the feeder instead of a squirrel he barks to scare them away 😂

Have a great Christmas week - I still have a couple more things to show you in time for the holidays so check back often to see what's happening at camp this coming week.

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and wrapping elf


12.22.18: wine cork reindeer ornament

12.22.17: coconut thumbprint cookies

12.22.16: santa ball ornament

12.22.15: hot chocolate spoons

No comments:

Post a Comment