Sunday, April 5, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 14)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap of what happened at MMDC last week in case you missed anything:

Posts ~
3/29: 🔥 week 13
3/30: my plan for april
3/31: chocolate sheet cake
4/1: ASL alphabet
4/2: 'my sis is hungry': cowboy pasta
4/3: neighborhood messages
4/4: virtual dinner party

What's cooking ~

  • crockpot country ribs, mashed potatoes, broccoli 
  • grilled chicken thighs, gnocchi, chopped kale salad
  • cowboy pasta, green salad
  • spice rubbed grilled pork chops, roasted asparagus, spinach ravioli
  • baked salmon, sticky rice, wilted spinach
  • steak, caesar salad
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • read 'Twisted Twenty-Six' by Janet Evanovich (#26 in the Stephanie Plum series),  I love these books so much it doesn't even matter what the plot or caper. I was giggling in the kitchen one day while reading waiting for water to boil and from the next room Dave asked what was so funny hahahah. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • halfway thru 'Tess of the d'Urbervilles' by Thomas Hardy, originally published in 1891. Ok, so I read a lot. ALOT! But I haven't read many 'classics'. It wasn't part of my school curriculum (I went to a Christian school for 9 years, we read lots of the Bible and historical books, but we didn't have the secular school literature class reading assigned) and I've decided to finally get to reading some classics! So I picked Tess as my first one because in one of my scary books, I think it was 'Triptych', a character was reading Tess of the d'Urbervilles - I figured it was as good of a place to start as anywhere! 
  • busy making fabric masks, I'll show you how this upcoming week!
Hope you've been keeping busy and finding fun things to bust any boredom - are you 'creating while waiting'? There's virtual game nights, virtual cocktail parties, Dave had a virtual ukulele group meeting yesterday, tomorrow I'm doing virtual tap class - it's a whole new virtual world right now! Remember - tough times don't last, tough people do! 

See you next week :)

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and classic novel novice

No comments:

Post a Comment