Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Tip-sy Tuesday: baking powder

Now that everyone is on a baking kick with all this free time on our hands, you might be pulling out old ingredients and wondering if they're still good - I read this handy tip about baking powder and thought I'd share:

According to the The New Food Lover's Companion, you can test if baking powder is good by combining a teaspoon with 1/3 cup of hot water, and if it bubbles enthusiastically, it's fine.

 I didn't know this, did you? Now go test it and get back to baking something delicious! I can recommend LeDonna's beer bread from the other day, it's easy and SO good (kind of reminds me of english muffin bread, thick and dense - great toasted fyi).



4.28.19: 🔥
4.28.18: cucumber cooler
4.28.17: Brooke made slime
4.28.16: sample sale photography

No comments:

Post a Comment