Sunday, April 26, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 17)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at MMDC last week:

Posts ~
4/19: 🔥 week 16
4/20: Claudette's paint by number boredom buster
4/21: roasted eggplant parmesan
4/22: garden sign
4/23: beer bread
4/24: parmesan fondue
4/25: coffee filter hack

What's Cooking ~
  • delivery pizza, first time we've done delivery since being isolated and not sure what took us so long - nice to not cook!
  • grilled bone-in chicken, chopped salad, green beans
  • shake and bake pork chops, roasted broccoli, mushroom ravioli
  • steak, potato salad, chopped salad kit
  • grilled marinated thin cut chicken, parmesan couscous, roasted asparagus
  • ham and lentil soup, kale salad
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~ 
  • still making masks, have ordered more fabric but in the meantime came up with a hybrid half sew/no sew t-shirt mask that will do in a pinch. It's more structured than last week's no-sew version and has a wire across the nose bridge to get a better fit - I'll show you tomorrow!
  • read "Beartown" by Fredric Backman. Was under the gun to finish it quickly before the library took it back so I almost didn't read it (I'm a very fast reader but don't like when I have to read on a time limit - turns it into 'work'!); I'm so so glad I did!! At first I didn't think I was going to be invested enough in the story to bother, but once I got going I actually couldn't put it down. Story of a sad-sack town pinning all it's hopes and dreams on a hockey team - yes it's about hockey (which I happen to love) but it's not really about hockey. It's about the people who make up this tiny community for better or worse, the decisions they make and secrets they keep, and there are some nice 'life lessons' thrown in. I loved this book. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • to counter that lovely book I read 2 dumb vampire ones. Sigh. Sookie Stackhouse and the true blood stories are addicting and I'm a touch ashamed of myself for getting hooked LOL
That's it - this next week I'm getting in a mask-making routine and instead of spending solid days making them my plan is to pace myself and just make a couple a day or as requested. That'll hopefully give me more time to do my chores and make some fun things hahaha. Hope you had a great week, are staying busy and aren't bored! See you next week with more boredom busters, recipes, and whatever projects I can think of to do. 

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and obsessive mask maker


4.26.19: how to design a spring planter
4.26.18: Mickey's spring flowers
4.26.17: double chocolate oatmeal bars
4.26.16: canister vacuum wand guard

No comments:

Post a Comment