Monday, April 27, 2020

T-Shirt Face Mask Hybrid

This is the last face mask idea I'm going to show you (I know, this is the 4th version I've made!)  - I took the no-sew t-shirt version from last week and gave it a little structure; so it's a half sew/half no sew hybrid! Still very easy to do, you just need a little bit of sewing to add a wire across the nose bridge to customize the fit a little, and sew a couple pleats in the sides which helps shape the mask across your nose and mouth.


 Cut off one sleeve and the hem from a t-shirt. Sew a 6" piece of thin wire or pipe cleaner along the top edge - I folded the edge over the pipe cleaner before sewing it in place.


Cut the hem in half, put both pieces thru the loop of the sleeve on either side, pull a bit to scrunch up the sides of the sleeve. Add pleats on both sides by simply pinching the fabric as shown above and sew in place (I tacked the ear loops in place along with making the pleats).

front side


back side
Here's Sydney wearing the no-sew version that her mom made,
 and Tesha added felt dots to jazz it up!



4.27.19: Brooke made a bubble maker - hey, that'd be a fun boredom buster for the kiddos!
4.27.18: Mickey's beersbee - an adult boredom buster!
4.27.17: accessories closet - organizing, now that's my kind of boredom busting ;)
4.27.16: decadent chocolate cake - not sure I can call cake a boredom buster LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment