Thursday, April 30, 2020

Birthday "Cake" Tower

This is from my sister - I asked if she wanted me to make a cake for my step-niece's 21st birthday but she said no, she had it covered. And then she sent this 🤦‍♀️ I mean I'm proud of her creativity (and she IS very creative when she wants to be) but I was robbed of the chance to make cake hahahha! Here's what she did, in her words:


Birthday Time!! You may recall I did a post a couple years ago for my Stepson which was a birthday "cake" made out of beer cans and other drinks (click here to see that post). This one though is for my Stepdaughter who I can't imagine is going to be a beer fan. (I'm sure she has never tried any alcoholic beverages so I'm just assuming that to be true). Everyone who knows my skill set won't be surprised by my choice of birthday cake but in my defense in this case she doesn't like cake anyway. LOL.



So I started with a trip to the party store to get 21 airplane bottles of various kinds. I then hit a dollar store for mini shot glasses, a light up cake topper, a small balloon and Little Debbie Birthday Cakes (way better than anything I could have cooked anyway). You could of course choose anything else your young adult likes and add that as well. 
I had leftover cardboard cake rounds from the last birthday (since I don't cook I had them just sitting around). I decided to hot glue gun these bottles and other things down just to make it more stable and so I could move it around if I wanted to. I laid out the layers including bottles and cakes, glued it all down and topped it.



When it came time to sing I unwrapped the top cake and put in the candles. She was thrilled with all of this and best part is that she shared. Gift for her and gift for me!! (reminiscent of when Brooke insisted on giving every one of her friends a "best friend" necklace for their birthday so she could get half! HAHA. Gift for them = Gift for her!). 

So that's it. Another birthday cake made better than probably anything my sister can bake. HAHAHAHAHA.. wait strike that- if I keep being mean she will stop cooking for me. Nevermind. Her cakes are way way better. 


4.30.19: pillbox travel container
4.30.18: Kyle's smoker
4.30.17: hasselback potatoes
4.30.16: recital

No comments:

Post a Comment