Monday, April 13, 2020

Boredom Busting a little at a time...Lori's latch hook hanging

Miss Lori sent this to me and I had an "ah ha!" moment - you might remember that I have been working on a latch hook kit for YEARS, last I posted about it was from a picnic table at the campground 2 years ago. Well guess what? Yep, I put it away and haven't thought about it again. Then I get this from Lori, she wrote that she did a couple rows a day until it was done and that's where the 'ah ha' came in - what a great idea! Instead of being overwhelmed with sitting down for hours at a time trying to finish a project, why not just plan to do a little at a time? I immediately got my kit out, put it on a table in my craft room so I don't have to put it away each time, and will now just do a couple rows a day and walk away. This never occurred to me - I'm an 'all or nothing' kind of crafter, so starting big things like this latch hook, cross stitch, crocheting an afghan, etc. mean that I feel like I have to be all in and work only on that thing...which means they never get done because I get tired of it and want to work on something else hahaha. Thank you so much Lori for teaching me this simple way to actually accomplish big projects - and it means I can have multiple things going at once, just doing a little every day!

Here's what she had to say, and the photos of her gorgeous latch hook hanging:


When we first learned we had to stay at home for a while I ordered this from JoAnn’s.  I remember helping my older sisters with them when I was younger and felt like I wanted to give it a whirl!  I did about two rows a day until it was done, then sewed the edges back with invisible thread and put a little circle hanger on the back.

My assistant at the studio is a PHD music student at MSU so I’m going to give it to her for her practice room!

Going to start something new tomorrow!






Here's my very old kit that I am now committed to working on a little bit every day - you can read more about how to do latch hook and my whiner comments about how long it's taking here from 6/18:


4.13.19: herb crusted lamb roast
4.13.18: Florian's sauerkraut
4.13.17: roasted carrots
4.13.16: lemon cream pie with gingersnap crust

No comments:

Post a Comment