Friday, April 24, 2020

Parmesan Fondue

This is the recipe I told you about yesterday that LeDonna sent along with the beer bread. I love her idea to keep the fondue warm in her small crockpot, I've never thought to do this! And hello - melted cheese for dinner, she is my idol right now!! 


Wanted to share our dinner from the other night. 
I first made beer bread (got recipe from Kriss) and I did add shredded cheddar cheese and garlic to the butter for top of bread.  Oh yeah the bread is great!

Then I made Parmesan Fondue (this recipe I have from high school homecπŸ˜‚).

I don’t have a fondue pot, but used my small crock pot to keep warm and melted while dipping.

For dipping:
-cut up pieces of the beer bread.
-steamed Brussels sprouts (broccoli or other veggies would be great too)
-meatballs
-cut up dill pickles

It sure was fun and yummy!





  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 (8 0z) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt and regular salt
  • 1 (2 1/2 oz) container shredded parmesan cheese (about 3/4 cup)
With electric mixer add milk to cream cheese, mixing til well blended. Heat slowly in saucepan; add 1/2 teaspoon salt and garlic salt. Slowly add parmesan, stirring until smooth. 

Pour into fondue pot; place over fondue burner. Spear dipper with fondue fork; dip in fondue, swirling to coat. If mixture becomes too thick, stir in a little milk). 

Suggested dippers: bread sticks, warm cooked turkey or chicken. 



No comments:

Post a Comment