Sunday, April 12, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week15)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything last week at camp:

Posts ~
4/10: my sis is hungry: banana muffins
4/11: hot cross buns

What's Cooking ~
  • pork roast, roasted carrots and potatoes
  • grilled tuna, orzo salad (tomatoes, feta, garbanzo beans, spinach)
  • beef and homemade egg noodles (recipe soon!)
  • rice bowls (leftover pork roast chopped up, layered with rice and salad)
  • beef enchiladas
  • crusted pork chops, mushroom ravioli, roasted broccoli
  • chicken fried rice
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • did a few virtual exercise classes this week - barre, tap twice, fitness blender on youtube; there are lots of free classes online!
  • finished 'Tess of the d'Urbervilles' - the poor woman never caught a break, sad and tragic.
  • then I read the opposite of Tess - another Trueblood one about vampires 
  • started a series by Nora Roberts without realizing what it's about, after 4 pages I realized that it's too close to what we are going thru right now with the pandemic and I have no desire to read a fiction book about something happening in real life! Sent it back to the library.
  • been making lots of fabric masks - I'll show you how they turned out this week
Happy Easter!! I woke up this morning thinking about sunrise service and pancake breakfast - it's been forever since I've had either one of those things. It's weird to be isolated and not spending time with family and friends - thank goodness for facetime and zoom.  Stop back this week and see what's going on at MMDC - I'll keep busting the boredom for sure :)

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and believer

No comments:

Post a Comment