Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados

Got the idea for tuna stuffed avocados from allrecipes.com, but their recipe for tuna salad included green onions, bell pepper, garlic and balsamic vinegar which is not how we like our tuna salad...so I adapted the idea to suit us. Make your favorite tuna salad and fill avocado halves with it, put on a bed of lettuce and have a delish and pretty lunch.


I have been making tuna salad this way since I met Dave, it's how his mom made it and it's great:
Mix together one can drained tuna fish, chopped celery, sliced green olives with pimentos, and enough mayo to stick it together. Season with salt and pepper. I know - olives? Trust me, it's delish.


Now in the interest of full disclosure and keepin' it real - the above filled avocado looks pretty and all that, but really - that is not enough tuna to fill me up at lunch! This is how my plate looked after I took the 'pretty' picture (the half avocado is under that mound of tuna salad)!!


4.15.19: eggshell candles
4.15.18: LeDonna's Broccoli Cottage bake

No comments:

Post a Comment