Monday, December 13, 2021

Nantucket Cranberry Pie

Mary gave me this recipe years ago, I kinda forgot about it and haven’t made it in a long time. I needed a dessert and the weather was soooo bad that I didn’t want to go to the grocery store so searched for recipes using what I have on hand, rediscovered this one for cranberry pie. It’s not really “pie”, more like a thin cake - although it isn’t really cake either haha - it’s fruity, sweet/tart, the bottom is slightly crisp but the fruit and cake are soft. Yum, we all love this! I served it with cool whip, ice cream would also be good (and it’s also a delish breakfast!).



1. Preheat oven to 350’. Chop enough cranberries to make 2 cups, and enough walnuts to make 1/2 cup.

2. Toss chopped cranberries and walnuts with 1/2 cup sugar and put in a buttered 10” pie plate or springform pan. (Note: if using springform place on a cookie sheet first).

3. Mix 2 eggs, 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) melted butter (cooled), 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, 1/4 t. Salt, 1/4-1/2 almond extract. Stir batter until it’s smooth and pour over cranberry-walnut mixture. Bake in middle of oven for 40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.

4. Invert onto a plate once it’s cool. 

Note: I omitted the nuts and added a few more cranberries (I used most of an 8oz bag), substituted vanilla for the almond extract. 








No comments:

Post a Comment