Thursday, December 2, 2021

Fried Beets

Have you ever heard of frying beets? Have you ever made or tried fried beets? Well I've never heard or, made, or tried them so when Tesha mentioned it I immediately made them for lunch (I had fresh beets on hand for a butternut squash beet salad I was going to try but this served my instant gratification lunch better hahha). Clean, peel and thinly slice fresh (uncooked) beets - slice them like you would to make fried potatoes (thin slices that sort of look like potato chips).  Fry in butter or oil until they are cooked thru and tender. like you would fried potatoes. 


I'm almost slightly embarrassed to tell you how many of these I ate for lunch. They are terrific - if you like beets. If not, why are you still reading a post about beets? LOL. 



note: to clean the beets I used a vegetable peeler and a small paring knife to remove the outer skin. The raw beet juice stained my fingers so don't get it on your clothes! 


12.2.20: popsicle stick snowmen by B (I was so happy to open my Christmas stuff this year and find these cuties!)











12.2.19: poinsettia gift topper








12.2.18: ðŸ”¥ week 48
12.2.17: decorated the 'dog house'
12.2.16: kids Christmas party: gingerbread houses
12.2.15: DIY bell bottom jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment