Friday, December 10, 2021

Santa Gnome Cupcakes

My sis sent me a picture of what I thought were cute santa gnome cupcakes and fortunately I had everything on hand to make them this morning - I baked mini vanilla cupcakes and then googled to see whaat they used for frosting and then saw that her picture was actually cookie based, not cupcakes.


Oops, guess I shoulda googled before baking hahahha. But guess what? The cupcakes turned out just as good!

These are super easy to decorate - frost the top of the cupcake with vanilla buttercream and draw it down a little to form a beard. Add a strawberry and something for the nose - I have small candy balls that both look cute, I also used cinnamon candies for some which were also cute. I don't have any m&m's in the house (thanks Dave haha) but that or skittles would work. 

For the cupcake I doctored a white cake mix (switch softened butter for oil, and milk for water, 3 whole eggs not just the whites the box called for) and added chopped up white chocolate chips; bake for approx. 9 minutes. Cool before decorating. 




12.10.20: MSIH scalloped potato review
12.10.19: TT make a gift bag out of wrapping paper (it's easy and so handy, I make them all the time!)
12.10.17: sweetly spiced pork tenderloin with butternut and pears




No comments:

Post a Comment