Thursday, December 10, 2020

MSIH: scalloped potatoes review

Yesterday I posted the new scalloped potato dish I made to go with our (never-ending and random not-a-holiday) ham - here's what my sis (and Brooke) has to say:

So I heated these in small servings because my sister gave me a giant pan (she is aware that the other kids are all grown and out of the house, right?).  Let me just say that Brooke tried a bite of her small scoop and before I could even try mine she said “we are going to need to heat some more”.  I laughed and she continued, “no really, gonna need more”.  LOL.


She then proceeded to gush about the amazingness of these for my “review”.  She gave all the reviewers words.  She gave it a 10 out of 10, they are amazing. She loves how thinly the potato’s were sliced and felt that is what gave them such great flavor (they could soak up the sauce.. haha).  I do have to say I agree with her!  That doesn’t happen often that I agree with the teen so this is newsworthy.  They could possibly be the best scalloped potato’s I have ever had.  If you have read my reviews you know that’s saying something.  Really delicious.  Didn’t need to cover with salt and pepper, just great as is.  A far cry from the old days of my old recipe with flour and milk or even the “newer” recipe of cream of mushroom soup.


Cant wait to see her recipe and see what it actually is!  Flour, milk and a pound of butter?? Really crossing my fingers that’s not the recipe because I fully intend to make these again.. and pass the recipe off as my own. ðŸ˜Š

No comments:

Post a Comment