Saturday, December 4, 2021

Defrosting the Deep Chest Freezer

You might remember my posting about organizing the 'black hole of doom' last year when I showed you how much ice buildup we had in our chest freezer and how easy it was to defrost it - click here for that post -  well I concluded that post by saying I wouldn't let it get that bad again and guess what? 


Yep, I let it build up again. 

This time however it was even easier to defrost because it's still very organized so I only had to lift out the tubs, and then the meat in their sections underneath. I'm happy to say that a year later this system is still functioning very well! Even tho I posted about this in the past, let it be a reminder to go check if you have any ice buildup in your deep freezer! Also, last time I defrosted it was very hot and humid outside - this time is a little different, can't say December in Michigan is hot or humid hahahha. 


Read the first post for detailed instructions on how I defrosted, in a nutshell it's:
  • empty the contents into coolers 
  • unplug from the wall
  • open the drain, put a towel on the floor by the drain
  • wait a few minutes and scrape with a spatula or something with a flat bottom (do not use a knife or screwdriver!)
  • collect the ice pieces in a pail or tub or something
  • wipe out with a towel
  • close the drain
  • plug back in, wait a few minutes, put the frozen food back in place. 



12.4.20: how to make tiny bows using a fork

12.4.19: cranberry sauce hand pies

12.4.18: snowman wreath












12.4.17: wine cork Christmas trees












12.4.16: pasta with roasted tomatoes and sausage


12.4.15: contact paper dog house



No comments:

Post a Comment