Monday, July 8, 2024

Crochet Bowl

Still coming across uncompleted projects during my craft room cleanup - I don't remember making this small crochet bowl but I put it aside with literally 3 inches of stitches to go, why would I do that? It's been too long to know where I found a pattern, I googled around and found this one at Craftsy that seems similar to what I did - there are lot's of free patterns online, the one I made started with a magic circle at the center bottom, increased single crochet stitches until the bowl is as wide as you want, and then single crochet without increasing to build the walls of the bowl. I used variegated light weight yarn, if you want yours heavier and sturdier then use thicker yarn or crochet using 2 strands held together. 


My little bowl was quite flimsy because of the weight of the yarn I used and only crocheting with one strand so I decided I'd try starching it so it'll hold it's shape - I've never done that before and was curious how it'd work. For some reason I have liquid starch in the laundry room - probably bought for a different project that I never made hahah - I mixed equal parts of the starch with warm water, submerged the bowl until it was completley soaked, then let it air dry on a rack overnight. And sure enough, it worked and I have a firm little bowl now! 




No comments:

Post a Comment